community engagement manager in Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
AU$ 100 per year
The role of the Community Education Manger is to drive the development and implementation of the VEC’s Community Education Strategy – with measurable results in terms of effectiveness, budgets and timeframes – and to build on the success achieved to date.
The objective of the Community Education Strategy is to increase public understanding of, and involvement in, the democratic process; particularly among those groups identified as being disengaged from, or facing barriers to, the electoral process.
This position leads the Community Education Team in engaging with a range of community groups including multicultural communities, Indigenous communities, people living with a disability, young people, prisoners and people experiencing homelessness.
- Manage the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Education Strategy and track latest trends in program design considerations such as best practice, research, evaluation and external environmental factors, and how they apply in the context of education/outreach at a strategic level.
- Provide authoritative leadership in gathering team member involvement in elements of 3.1 and an annual operational plan, ensuring projects delivered under the strategy meet the VEC’s project management methodology, are politically impartial and meet the corporate objectives of the VEC.
- Set policy, guidelines and process directions for the team where programs evolve, the external environment changes or the internal direction evolves.
- Consult effectively with other branches and develop collegial approaches/outcomes where program or policy implications may have an effect or wider implications.
- Lead and coach team members to develop and deliver annual performance plans that build on and reflect the framework and operational plans, ensuring priorities and goals are set, individual performance plans are monitored and counsel and feedback is provided to ensure organisational objectives and personal development objectives are achieved.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships and client focussed program development with education service providers and community organisations, in areas where there is currently low electoral participation.
- Develop and monitor effective resourcing and budgeting plans, to effect best value and efficient resourcing and expenditure within the approved allocation, ensuring compliance with all resourcing, financial and procurement policies.
- Represent the VEC at key industry events, on relevant working groups and where necessary, at education and community outreach events (these may fall outside of traditional working hours).
- Evaluate and prepare high level reports for the VEC’s Executive Management Group on the progress against the framework, operational plans of the Community Education strategy and periodic reports.
- Manage the promotion and coordination of special election services for key groups during elections.
- Ensure that relevant Advisory Groups meet regularly, are effective from all parties’ points of view and representation is maintained.
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees without risk which includes providing information, instruction and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely, monitoring the performance of the VEC and Branch Health & Safety objectives, and implementing appropriate actions to ensure the objectives are achieved.
- Actively support and promote the objectives of the Branch, and demonstrate the VEC’s Values.
Community Engagement Manager