This construction group has a footprint across Australia but retains a mid-tier feel with a medium sized Melbourne team providing innovative building solutions. With projects across commercial, industrial, educational and more there is always an interesting project at hand and with a healthy pipeline of work secured they are now seeking to appoint an Construction Cadet to support their team of Project Managers, Site Managers and experienced CA’s.. This is an ideal opportunity for a tertiary qualified construction professional, with a Bachelor Construction or Management or Building to join a national group that has a genuinely supportive culture and encourages staff development.
Working out of centrally located offices you will be working on 1-3 projects concurrently, depending on their size and complexity, with a mix of office and site based duties. The position will cover most areas of construction administration and include:
- Undertaking project setup and site establishment
- Assisting in job costing and setup
- Vetting and letting of contracts
- Assisting in budgeting and cost control
- Co-ordination of all site drawings and documents
- Site inspections and liaising with consultants, architects and engineers
- Preparation of RFI’s and Site Instructions
- Liaison with Clients, Architects, Engineers & Regulatory Authorities
- Ensuring adherence to OH&S, QA and Environmental standards.
Applications are sought from individuals with Bachelor of Construction Management, Engineering or Building to degree level. You must be an effective communicator, who can demonstrate sound construction knowledge and a genuine passion for the construction industry with workplace experience an advantage. Pkg to $60k available.
Please apply online using the links below, or contact Neil Powell on 03 9252 2124 or firstname.lastname@example.org