Randstad have been exclusively retained to recruit this exciting opportunity for a Contracts Management Specialist. The primary purpose of the role is to develop, refine and implement contract management processes and strategies for Metro Bus and Ferry Service Delivery and actively manage strategic and transactional aspects of contract management to business unit leadership teams.
Transport for NSW is the centrepiece of a reshaped transport cluster. It is responsible for setting the strategic direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to deliver improved transport outcomes.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers.
- Manage the end to end contract management activities to ensure that contracts are consistent with government priorities and Transport for NSW strategic directions to deliver high quality, integrated; customer oriented services and demonstrates value for money.
- Provide targeted support in contract management, service variations, and contract documentation to ensure suppliers comply with their contractual obligations, including performance standards, and providing cost effective and efficient services to customers.
- Develop, manage and implement a range of leading edge contract management processes in conjunction with the Contract Management team to optimise the potential of Metro Service Delivery supplier relationships and contract compliance.
- Participate in the effective delivery of end to end sourcing capability through commercial contract execution activities to develop and refine contract management strategies for Metro Service Delivery.
- Provide accurate, expert and timely advice, information and reports on the strategic and transactional aspects of contract management relevant to their contract portfolio to highlight any trends, forecasts or risks that require management intervention and/or strategic solutions for further action.
- Contribute to commercial engagements including tenders, evaluations, and supplier negotiations to ensure that service contracts reflect strategic transport outcomes and short to medium planning requirements.
- Assist in establishing contract management expertise in a diversified organisation that continues to undergo structural, cultural and technological change.
- Consistently deliver efficiency and set a platform for increased commerciality.
- Relevant qualifications in procurement, law, commerce, business or economics and/or equivalent industry experience in contract management such as service contracts preferably in a commercial environment
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
For any enquiries, please contact Gareth Paul at Gareth.Paul@randstad.com.au and quote 0000570T.
Key Application Responses
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses how
- a) your skills and experience suit the role, and
- b) your most significant and relevant achievement.