Our client is a prominent subcontractor who specialises in the manufacture and installation of specialised façade solutions for a range of commercial and apartment buildings. Working on a range of prominent projects in Melbourne and beyond they are seeking an experienced designer/draftsperson to join the team.
You will be responsible for preparation of 2D and 3D modelling, assembly and detail drawings using AutoCAD. You will work directly with the client, project manager and manufacturing team to develop façade solutions in accordance with client briefs using both existing component libraries as well as developing new prototypes for test development.
To be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experience:
- Substantial experience gained over several years in design/drafting
- Have base knowledge working on façades, curtain walling, window systems and/or architectural wall cladding
- 3D Autocad skills to a high level of proficiency
- Demonstrated capability in preparing shop drawings, fabrication drawings and set-out drawings
- Have the ability to transform sketch and concept into detailed engineering drawings
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Good written and oral English and communication skills
This is a key role where in the business where you will hit the ground running working on interesting projects with opportunities to develop your skills.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tannahill on 03 9252 2176