Our client, a NSW Government department are seeking an experienced studio manager or design manager to facilitate and enable successful achievement of the Wayfinding design program by the Wayfinding design team.
The Wayfinding design team develops wayfinding solutions and site-specific design packages across a wide range of projects and programs. The Manager, Design Resources is responsible for actively managing and programming the resources needed to achieve this, including an internal team of Wayfinding Design Leads and specialists, an external panel of suppliers providing Wayfinding Design Services, and centralised data, documentation and information services.
In addition, the Manager, Design Resources will build, monitor and maintain detailed project and program schedules, track activity and information flows into and out of the design team, and report on program progress, issues and risks.
- Develop and maintain detailed program and project schedules.
- Develop, assess and communicate program and resource options, and facilitate review and decision-making by senior management.
- Manage internal team of Wayfinding Design Leads and information management specialists, and assign internal and external resources to projects.
- Recruit and on-board Wayfinding Design Leads and other specialists as needed.
- Actively manage engagement with and performance of external suppliers on the Wayfinding Design Services Panel, including conducting annual supplier reviews, providing panel briefings and updates, and providing training and other support as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a master tracker and other communication tools to provide management visibility of progress and productivity.
- Schedule and manage workloads to balance and optimise use of resources, and to meet program deadlines and requirements.
- Implement and maintain a suitable regime of reporting, risk identification and management, and schedule management.
- Report on progress, risks and issues at Project Control Group meetings and in other governance forums.
- Identify and implement methods to improve productivity, support and enhance team performance and improve quality and accuracy of outputs.
- Coordinate deliverables across work programs to ensure consistency, efficiency and knowledge-sharing.
- Work in partnership with other managers in the Wayfinding program team to solve problems, clear blockers and achieve deliverables.
- Represent the Wayfinding program in internal and external forums, collaborative sessions, workshops and on governance groups, and contribute effectively to project outcomes.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders to achieve project deliverables.
- Manage multiple workstreams concurrently, ensuring that deadlines are managed and met.
- Highly complex, dynamic and deadline-driven program (currently 100+ active design packages, across 20+ major programs).
- Building and maintaining capability and productivity of the design team.
- Aligning team resources and outputs with business objectives and project demands.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of operational, technical and design stakeholders from across the project team and transport portfolio, and influencing them to achieve consistent outcomes.
- Working across a range of high-profile, public locations and programs.
- Maintaining a flexible, problem-solving, results-oriented approach in a complex and dynamic operating environment.
- Experience working at a senior level in a similar role in a relevant professional environment.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of organisational flow, workload management and project scheduling.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated team management skills and experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on similar complex, deadline-driven programs an advantage.