Randstad is a leading specialist recruitment agency and employs over 55,000 employees worldwide. Having been operating in Australia for 25 years, we are continually looking to expand our client base and candidates.
The position is responsible for to assist with implementing Australian Government’s policy by developing policies and overseeing projects that facilitate sharing information with the public and between government agencies. You will have experience in secretariat support to committees and have the ability to drive the Department’s work plan on improving internal capabilities.
It is crucial you maintain awareness the sensitivities of operating in a public service environment with a high public profile to ensure tact and diplomacy at all times. You will have relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive policy experience.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Developing strategies, policies and protocols.
- Lead and manage a team to deliver tangible outcomes.
- Whole-of- government initiatives including significant, multi-agency integration projects.
- Shaping the strategic direction of the Section and the governance within in the department.
- Broad awareness of foreign policy and trade advice
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking strategies, policies and protocols
- High-level written communication skills including ability to produce high quality correspondence, briefings and reports.
- Preparing responses for parliamentary and executive teams
- Leading teams to deliver to objectives of Policy devision
- Highly developed strategic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- An understanding of departmental issues and the importance of evidence and its use in policy development and evaluation.
- Liaising and partner management with departmental staff and external partners
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain
- relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Flexible working environments.
- Work life balance.
- Competitive wages.
This opportunity will suit a experienced Policy Officer who enjoys a challenging and dynamic work environment.
To apply please follow the “Apply Now” Button below. Due to the volume of candidates only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this opportunity.