Our Client is a large scale fast paced food manufacturing site. They are seeking a high performing Site Engineering Manager to drive success through their people and achieve great results.
In this critical role you will be responsible for developing and leading the engineering and maintenance team in the execution of the site engineering strategy. The primary focus is to deliver improvements in maintenance performance and unplanned downtime whilst managing and implementing overall capital for the site.
• Lead engineering team to ensure effective operation of the site to maximise efficiency and performance
• Ensure the implementation of safety and quality assurance practices into all repairs and maintenance activities and manage corrective actions in a timely manner
• Drive asset management standards through implantation of robust maintenance standards
• Manage planned and breakdown maintenance activities to reduce downtime through the use of maintenance plans, robust performance measurement tools and ongoing improvement plans
• Develop, monitor and implement yearly capital plans for the replacement of end of life assets and improvement in plans
• Manage, monitor and keep within budget, forecast capital and seek approval for out of scope spend
• Establish, communicate and monitor safety standards and lead corrective action in areas of risk
• Lead others through coaching, delegation and recognition
• Manage functional area accountability and delivery of functional results and standards
• Implement strategies to identify people issues, reduce staff turnover and ensure labour cost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
• Design and establish procedures, processes and systems relating to food safety and quality complying with minimum standard procedures
• Partner with Plant Manager, Production Manager and Supervisor to ensure high levels of productivity, safety and quality of the site
• Experience in successfully leading a large engineering and maintenance team
• Exposure to site services in ammonia refrigeration, compressed air, advanced waste water and trade waste treatment
• Demonstrated implementation in any of the following, TPM, LEAN/Six Sigma and CMMS
• Proven ability to develop and implement successful maintenance practices and performance
• Implementing cultural change through leadership, engagement and performance management
• Working knowledge of best practice maintenance management & systems
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and influence senior stakeholders internal and external to the organisation
• Strong people leadership capability with the ability adapt to achieve desired objectives
• Ability to coach and develop others, monitor and measure performance and provide direct feedback
• Capability to challenge self and others whilst taking responsibility and accountability for decisions
• Proven ability to develop and execute short and long term strategies while upholding high standards for self and others
Educated to degree level in mechanical or electrical engineering.
Proven leadership of maintenance or engineering function within a food manufacturing environment is essential.
Strategic thinker, with a track record of delivering performance improvements and positive behavioural changes.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Practical executional experience in Lean thinking and application, TPM, RCA methodologies, RCM, Condition Monitoring and other world class preventative maintenance methodologies.
Track record of identifying and building technical talent.
Experience of Computer Maintenance Management Systems
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tannahill on 03 9252 2176