executive assistant within federal government in Sydney CBD
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Executive Assistant within Federal Government, APS 6
Randstad is the number one supplier of administration staff to the NSW State Government sector. We also recruit for Local and Federal Government. We are currently in need of high calibre Executive Assistants for a number of vacancies – contract and permanent - within the Government and not-for-profit space in Sydney.
- High level management of the Scheme Actuary’s work schedule and all aspects associated with it, including telephone calls, electronic diary appointments and organisation of meetings and relevant papers
- Management of the Scheme Actuary’s inbox which has a high influx of emails requiring attention and delegation on a daily basis
- Organisation of frequent domestic travel arrangements often with changes to be made at short notice
- Ability to be on hand during large committee meetings to assist with any needs that arise of committee members
- Ability to forge relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of Government and public sector organisations
- Coordination of all correspondence in and out of the office and e-mail inbox, including follow-up and monitoring
- Coordination of Senate Estimates, Ministerial briefs, and other Parliamentary reports and briefs
- Ability to gain a good understanding of all branch functions to provide information, draft replies and coordinate responses to incoming queries to the Scheme Actuary office
- Administer travel finances, including reconciliation and maintenance of all travel and credit card accounts and cost centre codes associated with the Branch
- Provision of executive level ad hoc support for the Branch and office; taking meeting minutes, drafting agenda’s, following up on and keeping track of meeting minutes etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will be proactive and have a high attention to detail. You will be committed to the position and available to commence work shortly.
You will also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills and Sharepoint
- Experience with TRIM and SAP highly regarded
- A good attitude and work ethic
- Previous experience working as an administrator, executive assistant or project support officer
- Proven experience from the government, ideally federal government, is highly regarded
If you have the above experience and are seeking an EA position within Government Department click apply now. Please understand that due to a large number of applicants we might not be able to contact all applicants.
federal, government, EA, "executive assistant"