Job title: Field Supervisor (Foreman) – Civil Delivery Team Projects Team
Pay level 12 $106,000 - $108,000 + Super 38 hours per week (determined on skill level)
Company Car will be provided
Location – Potts Hill
Sydney Water is Australia's largest water and wastewater service provider. Every day, we proudly protect the health of our community by providing safe, refreshing drinking water. Our wastewater network protects the health of our rivers and beaches, which are central to our iconic, outdoor way of life. By working hand in hand with community, government and industry we create bold new solutions that enhance our cities sustainability and lifestyle.
The Civil Projects unit of Sydney Water carries out major construction & maintenance work to civil assets and infrastructure that require replacement or reconstruction. They are seeking a very experienced Field Supervisor (Foreman).
The Field Supervisor oversees around 15 - 30 direct reports in the field. This position purpose is to provide leadership and manage all activities in the field with various projects undertaken with all areas of infrastructure and civil delivery which is undertaken with Water, Wastewater, Recycled and Storm water maintenance activities to meet safety, productivity and operating licence objects.
As a working Field Supervisor, you will to working alongside your team, mentoring and guiding them as per the project brief. This can be a ‘hands on’ role to provide strong leadership to the Job Supervisors in the field and their staff.
Key to successfully carrying out this role is as follows:
- Manage the performance of field personnel to ensure that the delivery of work activities meet safety cost, quality and time objectives
- Provide leadership, mentoring coaching and guidance to field personnel in all aspects of their work including safe
- Understanding that safety comes first and is not negotiable. Ensuring compliance with Work Health and Safety legislation.
- Provide operational/technical assistance to field personnel
- Identify gaps in field personal competence and skills training needs
- Scope and manage the completion of complex reactive and programmed jobs
- Head up the workforce planning for all projects
- Establish clear plans and timeframes for project implementation and outline specific activities in delivery.
- Carry out all tasks with professionalism building strong relationship with all stakeholders
- As a leader, understanding of job briefs, scoping and estimating in conjunction with project teams and being able to align key activities in accordance.
- Mitigate any risks with Workplace and Health and Safety and Environmental to ensure that compliance is adhered to.
- Identifying critical gaps
- Monitoring team activities project progress and compliance with construction policies and procedures.
- Judgment, intelligence and common sense.
- Building team capacity and responsiveness.
- Review performance and focus on identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Identify team performance capabilities and deficiencies, providing guidance, training and mentoring.
- Work seamlessly with subcontractors, clients and internal staff in providing exceptional service.
- Being prepared to work on the sewerage system.
You will oversee your team who will be working with every type of civil project from repair or construction of new water, waste and storm assets. These can be large complex repairs, renewals. They may involve earthworks, deep excavations, dewatering, piling, concreting, steel fixing, flow meter/valve replacements, decommissioning and commissioning of pipelines, tank relining, water main renewals, kerb and guttering, traverse tunnel work etc
Skills being sought:
Foreman or Field Supervisor experience with concreting, construction, formwork, steel fixing, infrastructure pipe laying, carpentry, excavation
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in leading and supervising work teams comprising of 20-30 people within a Civil Engineering maintenance business or related industry
- Proven achievement in implementation of safety and quality outcomes within specific timeframes
- High level inter-personal, leading influencing and conflict management skills
- Experience participating as a member of a multi- disciplinary team.
- Experience communicating complex information both verbal and written
- Experience in using computer based work management information systems
- Experience in undertaking business analysis task
- Recent experience in the construction methods and techniques used in project delivery
- Relevant knowledge and experience of water and waste water infrastructure highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, lead and coordinate day to day supervision
- Demonstrated ability in project management experience, including monitoring work performance and quality compliance.
- Ability to interpret project, safety and environment plans.
- Have effective interpersonal, negotiation, written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate and able to complete all paperwork and prepare reports as required
- Relevant valid driver’s licence required
- Federal Police Check Clearance – be produced if selected for interview
- Provide a RTA Driving Record
- Current MR/HR Licence (or able to obtain within 3 months of employment)
- RMS – Driving Record to be produced if selected for interview
- Medical Check will be conducted prior to offer
Salary Base Rate: $106,000 - $108,000 + Super – 38 Hours per week, determined on skill level.
Company Car is provided for this role Annual Leave: 4 Weeks + 17.5% Leave Loading
Subject to satisfactory performance after probation of 3 months the hourly rate may increase.
For a confidential discussion please contact Toni Jacobson on 02 9615 5316 or email your application with Cover Letter prior to the closing date (covering selection criteria in point form addressing essential skills/experience as advertised above. Do not apply to the Sydney Water website.
Please refer to the position description for further information which will be uploaded on the Sydney Water website soon or will be sent once received your application.
Closing date: COB Friday 9 December 2016
Sydney Water is unable to employ any former public sector employee within the period covered by their severance payment, without that public sector employee first repaying the relevant proportion of their severance pay. Sydney Water is also unable to employ any former public service senior executive within the period covered by any compensation payment under their former contract, without that former public service senior executive first repaying the relevant proportion of their compensation. This requirement applies to former employment or engagement in any capacity as staff members, contractors, consultants or employees or principals of companies engaged in contracting to a public sector agency. You may be required to complete a declaration as part of the recruitment process.