fleet controller in Erskine Park
Erskine Park, New South Wales
AU$ 80 per year
- Leader in the transport and logistics industry
- On site parking
- Permanent opportunity
- Fast paced, dynamic team
This leader in transport and logistics solutions industry has been in operation for over 42 years. Due to growth they are seeking to employ a well rounded, energetic candidate to manage their local Operations based in Erskine Park.
Reporting to the PUD Manager, this role will see you planning, scheduling and managing of all aspects of the local operations which includes approximately 30 vehicles including heavy rigids and semi-trailers.
- Planning and scheduling of pickups, deliveries and linehaul movements
- Managing bookings and driver downtime.
- Monitoring activities of drivers and standard of vehicles
- Meeting critical Key Performance Indicators relating to driver productivity, fleet efficiency and keeping costs to a minimum.
- Ability and tenacity to comply with all Transport Management System operating protocols.
- Ensuring all deliveries and pickups are on time
- Maintaining 100% compliance with Chain of Responsibility and Fatigue Management legislation
To be considered for this opportunity your profile will need to possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in Transport Management Systems. Preferably with SAP but not essential.
- Experience in a range of aspects within PUD and Transport Operations
- Detailed knowledge of operations planning and scheduling
- Knowledge of Sydney metro and outer regional areas for greater efficiency.
- Familiarity with major DC delivery and pickup requirements.
- Computer literacy with Excel, Word and Email/outlook and Transport Management software
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of "Chain of Responsibility" and Fatigue Management.
- Comfortable with a 5am start each day
- Looking for career advancement.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gillian Krog 02 9615 5307
Large fleet and Distribution experience