- Conduct regular patrols of public places including streets, parks and reserves, educating residents and reporting breaches of Acts and Regulations under the control of the Section.
- Parking enforcements
- Animal pick-ups
- Participate in the rostered call out service in accordance with the negotiated General Inspectors Hours Agreement.
- Maintain adequate records and data and compile reports as required by the Manager Environmental Health and Safety or Senior Management.
General Inspectors are required to possess the following qualifications/ availability:
- An in depth knowledge of the following –
- Dog and Cat Management Act, 1995
- Australian Road Rules
- Environmental Protection Act and the Environment Protection (Burning) Policy
- Local Government Act 1999 (roads, community land use and litter provisions)
- Council By Laws
- Private Parking Act
- Other prescribed legislation
- Must have an understanding of Council policy and procedures that affect the incumbent as an employee and the operations of the Section;
- Knowledge of the following is systems
Pinforce- Parking expiations ,
Authority – customer requests
Dataworks – records management systems.
To be successful for the position you will require;
- Must be able to provide clear and concise reports;
- Must be self motivated to carry out allocated tasks in an efficient and effective manner;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all appropriate legislation in order to assess and evaluate issues relating to the legislation;
- Must have proven capability in General Inspectorate work including experience in relation to field work, animal handling and in maintaining high exposure with the public;
For further information please contact Shelley James on firstname.lastname@example.org