About the client
Reputable international freight forwarding company with strong trades in Europe and Asia.
Small office of 10. Strong office culture of freight forwarders looking to develop their careers in the industry as well as increase their industry knowledge into other sectors.
About the role
Covering all routing for your list of accounts (import sea mainly, some import air, limited exports), as well as operations and domestic cartage for FCL, LCL and Air. Client management meetings on a monthly basis.
Role available due to current employee heading back home overseas.
Duties & responsibilities
- Organising all air and sea freight routing for a portfolio of your own clients
- Deal with small accounts and blue chip accounts
- Daily contact with overseas and local agents, offices, and clients
- Weekly and monthly PO reporting
- Time slot allocation for all FCL shipments
Skills & experience
- Freight forwarding experience a must
- Customer Service exposure within the industry highly desired
- Dealings with both air freight and sea freight import shipments
- export exposure advantageous, but not essential
- Cartage exposure
- Purchase Order reporting experience
- quoting exposure
Whether you are well versed in customer service looking to eventually move into a key accounts role or currently in cartage or operations and wanting to take a step into customer service, this is an opportunity worth moving for.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Simpson on 03 9252 2177.