Randstad are a key supplier to a number of local Councils across metropolitan Adelaide, with expertise in clerical, accounting, banking and finance, technical and engineering and industrial.
We are currently seeking an experienced end to end Payroll Officer for a 6 months Fixed Term, Part Time Contract commencing the first week in January, 2017.
As the Payroll Officer you will be responsible for the end to end payroll process, including; accurate and timely payment of wages and salaries and high level customer support to employees.
The position will require you to work 48 hours per fortnight, compromised of; 8 hours per day Monday to Thursday during pay week and Thursday and Friday only for the non-pay week.
Day to day you will be;
- Managing end to end fortnightly payroll
- Processing new starters, terminations and redundancies
- Maintaining accurate data
- Interpreting Awards and EBAs
- Calculating superannuation, annual leave and other entitlements
- Responding to payroll related enquiries in a timely manner
Skills and Experience;
- CHRIS 21 experience essential
- End to end payroll processing experience in a high volume environment
- Experience reviewing and interpreting awards and EBA conditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Confidence to deal with payroll queries
- Very strong organisational skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
In return you will benefit from;
- Secured employment for a fixed term
- Access to annual and personal leave,
- Access to the rewarding employee benefits program offered by the council
- Access to apply to internal job opportunities
For further information please contact Shelley James via firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the link below.