Randstad has been partnering with Government Departments and Authorities across Australia for over 25 years. We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join an enthusiastic and fast-paced team within a Qld Government Authority.
Day to day your duties could involve (but are not limited to) -
- Undertaking end-to-end payroll processing
- Monitoring and reporting on overpayments
- Interpreting and providing accurate advice in accordance with legislative provisions;
- Checking daily audit reports to ensure the accuracy of processed data;
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients in payroll related issues and maintaining good working relationships with client contact officers to meet SLA requirements;
- Contributing to a team environment that promotes confidentiality, ethical practice and workplace health and safety;
- Collaborating with team members to prioritise workloads and tasks and apply internal controls and quality control standards to support the ongoing delivery of high quality accountable services to client agencies.
In order to be successful for this position you’ll need:
- Aurion experience (ideally) or experience with a similar payroll system
- Previous experience in similar payroll positions, ideally within Client Services and/or Government Authorities
- A great team mentality and success in reaching KPIs
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Available to interview and start ASAP
- Ability to clear a criminal history check
What you’ll get in return:
Working with this well-known Government Department you’ll be provided with guidance and appropriate training on their processes in order to support your new team to the best of your ability. There is the possibility of contract extension or swift movement into another role following.
To Apply for this position please submit your resume in word format through the ‘Apply Now’ button only. For additional information please contact our dedicated Queensland Government Department on 3243 3900. Please note that due to the high volume of responses it will not be possible for Randstad to contact all applicants to advise of their progress. Due to this only applicants of interest will be contacted.