Our client is a leading nationally recoganised fit out provider. They are recruiting an Operations Manager to replace a crucial role for their factory in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne.
You will have full responsibility of the factory including workplace safety, compliance and regulatory controls, facility management, people management, process improvement and site optimization. You will report directly into the construction delivery team and project management. The successful candidate should ideally have a proven track record of working within a bespoke contract manufacturer at a senior supervisory level.
- A commercial minded individual with natural leadership skills.
- Management of a skilled joinery team for this long-standing business.
- Ability to communicate clearly with department heads across the business through to director level, forge a clear working relationship with all other manufacturing departments to ensure a smooth manufacturing process.
- The successful candidate will be required to take jobs from concept through to completion, problem solve where necessary and coordinate processes to complete works on time to a high spec finish.
- Experience in joinery and procurement of raw materials would be a distinct advantage.
- Bespoke joinery experience would be ideal
- 3- 5 years working experience as a Production manager
- Experience in working within a High-End Commercial and Hospitality requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Fully conversant with Word, Excel and an understanding of CAD/CAM would also be desirable.
- Ability to motivate and manage staff through clear and effective process.
If you are a motivated and driven individual looking to take that next step in your career then this is the role for you. The successful candidate can expect a highly competitive salary (depending on suitability) and package.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Craig on 03 9252 2186.