Reporting to the CPO, this is a critical role for a public services organisation. This role will be responsible for the management of sourcing and tenders for all indirect procurement.
This department is at the forefront of large scale developments within the state. And have an excellent opportunity for an exceptional Portfolio Manager who is looking to continually build on a strong procurement career to date.
The Portfolio Category Manager is responsible for providing strategic procurement leadership of the portfolio of procurement categories including supply market management and development, strategic planning and execution, and performance and risk management activities.
· Maintaining in depth knowledge of category market and vendor trends and dynamics and developing strategies to maximise the organisation’s influence in the market to deliver organisational and government objectives.
· Developing optimal sourcing strategies to achieve consistent, quality outcomes for the Portfolio Category, given the diverse needs of agencies involved.
· Supporting transformational change given the range of internal and external stakeholders, the potential resistance to change and the need for both structural and cultural change.
· Ensuring the interests of are upheld during the implementation of category plans and Supplier Relationship Programmes, given the competing interests of stakeholders involved, the sensitive operating environment and the need to achieve the best long-term outcomes for the organization.
· Tertiary qualifications in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or similar discipline, and a member of a recognised professional Procurement and Supply body, such as MCIPS.
· Extensive experience (10+ years) in leading procurement category strategies and supplier relationship management activities in Indirect Spend; such as Catering, ICT, Uniforms, Accommodation, Managed Services, and HR Services.
· Awareness and understanding of Government Procurement policies and practices.
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
· Proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues with moderate complexity and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problem
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team and build a culture of accountability and performance.
· Advanced knowledge and experience with contemporary procurement and contract management systems, preferably SAP and ARIBA.
· Superior written and oral communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations at a senior executive level.
This role would suit a strong Category Manager that would like to step up into a management role and gain exposure to major projects.
Please contact Gareth Paul on 02 8298 3823 or e-mail your CV across (Word format) to email@example.com