Our client, a NSW Government Department are seeking a talented Senior Digital Communications Officer to join their friendly, collaborative Parramatta based team for a period of 6 months. This position will lead a team of communication specialists to deliver the organisation's digital communication program and play a pivotal role in developing and implementing internal communication strategy across regions in NSW. This role is also responsible for managing the delivery of employee engagement campaigns.
- Ensure organisation is represented in a consistent manner by leading and managing a team of communication specialists in the development of policies, procedures and guidelines for internal communications and overseeing the implementation and adherence to these guidelines.
- Design, implement and monitor the effectiveness of a broad range of internal communication programs
- Contribute to achieving divisional and organisational communication objectives by coordinating, developing and writing internal publications, information materials, visual displays, presentations and internet content
- Implement and review internal communication strategies to improve internal communication channels for staff and management; monitor changing needs of campaigns such as the staff magazines, staff awards and work in partnership with the Digital section to review and enhance online and digital aspects of the intranet to support strategic priorities and drive employee engagement.
- Contribute to the effective management of project budgets and resources through provision of timely and accurate delivery of internal communication activities within budgetary considerations
- Build and maintain strategic alliances to with key stakeholders to maximise the development and delivery of evaluation program for all internal communications
- Tertiary qualification in communications or experience in the development and implementation of internal communication initiatives across multiple environments
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing the design and production process of high-profile, high quality printed and electronic communications material
- Demonstrated experience in managing communications administration functions such as budgets, timelines and approval processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to translate complex and technical information into accessible public information
- High level analytical skills with proven ability to manage responses to sensitive and contentious issues
- Proven ability to supervise and manage a team of communications professionals and to work independently to achieve results in a high volume environment to strict deadlines.
- Proven high level communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills, including PowerPoint and Excel, and demonstrated success in developing and maintaining professional relationships with key people both inside and outside the organisation.
- SAP computer skills will be required
About the working environment:
- Flexible working arrangements – start and finish anytime between 7am – 7pm
- Professional development – you will have a very supportive manager passionate about growing and mentoring team members
- New office spaces in Parramatta designed for Activity Based Working, team members are free to work from different offices as required
- Team members are encouraged to Work from Home as needed/desired
- New Lenovo carbon laptop and iPhone 5 supplied
- The team works with many stakeholders across the organisation so the candidate will have the chance to meet and network with many colleagues
- Informal cross functional teams – as part of the team the candidate will have opportunity to work with other colleagues within the branch as well as across the organisation. This is great for diversifying skills and challenging yourself