senior it project manager (data centre migration) in Burwood
Burwood, New South Wales
Randstad is on the lookout for a Senior IT Project Manager to be responsible for the migration of complex application migrations to the government Data Centre at Silverwater. This includes all project lifecycle deliverables during the standard phases of the agreed Project Management Methodology, i.e. Concept, Feasibility, Design & Planning, Build & Implementation, and Finalisation. The role is responsible for the delivery of assigned projects on time, budget and to base-lined scope.
The purpose of this role is to support the enterprise program, specifically Project Management of the complex application migrations including Tibco and Ellipse to the Government Data Centre at Silverwater This component includes, but is not limited to;
- Transition Services from incumbent to new supplier
- Management of Application Discovery and Analysis
- Application Readiness, testing, remediation
- Application Migrations
- Business readiness and testing
- Support Readiness / BAU Handover
- Liaison and planning with IT Asset Sustainability
- Transformation planning and migration to Heritage Zone
- Managing the complex application migrations for the client adhering to the agreed Project Management Methodology.
- Developing and controlling project schedules and planning activities to ensure modules and programs are completed according to established project milestones.
- Managing and leading a small team(s) in complex/large IT projects.
- Establishing and reporting on project budgets, issues and risks.
- Analysing budget and schedule variances and recommending appropriate action to resolve.
- Providing leadership, guidance and support to project members so they have a clear understanding for the drivers and constraints on the project solution.
- Providing leadership and communication to project members regarding all aspects of IT strategies, plans, enterprise architecture, standards, policies, security, commercial, legal and statutory requirements.
To succeed in this role you will have;
- 10 years proven project management experience of multiple, complex ICT projects including controlling the planning and implementation of large ICT projects and demonstrated ability to establish and adhere to strict project timeframes. Proven experience in vendor evaluation and management.
- Proven experience delivering projects on time, on budget and to scope with project budgets >$5M.
- Past experience with a large/complex Data Centre migration
- Experience in full end to end solution delivery, including business change.
- Proven ability to develop project briefs, Business Cases, project plans and proposals for work, including gathering requirements and making estimates of resources, time and cost.
- Proven experience in working in a team environments and the ability to work autonomously within established methodologies and standards.
- Proven written and oral communication skills and demonstrated effective customer liaison including effective leadership, coordination and influencing skills, negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Strong conceptual and strategic planning abilities, specifically within a large commercial ICT operation.
- In-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle (SDLC), business requirements, application development methodology, enterprise architecture principles, and project management methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related area or relevant experience.
If you believe you have the skills required for the role, then hit the Apply button now! You can also email Resham on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Due to the large volume of applicants we receive daily, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Data Centre Migration, Project Management