senior project engineer - major road upgrade project - 6-12 mth in Southwestern Sydney
Southwestern Sydney, New South Wales
The project is underway and construction has started on one of the key road upgrades for the Western Sydney Growth priority area.
This is a 4 stage project which will improve safety, increase road capacity and reduce congestion and travel times in the future.
- Apply efficient and effective project management skills through the control of project budgets and reporting on project progress to assist the completion of nominated projects to agreed time, cost, quality, and scope requirements and to meet Government and RMS objectives.
- Develop and implement project briefs and fulfil the role of RMS’ Representative on selected contracts to contribute to the effective administration and delivery of professional service and/or construction contracts.
- Develop and implement project community and/or stakeholder involvement plans to contribute
to effective stakeholder consultation.
- Implement RMS’s procedures, guidelines, processes and practices to contribute to the achievement of a high level of WH&S, Industrial Relations, environmental management and quality on projects/contracts.
- Apply project management techniques to assist in the preparation of concept and detailed designs.
Ideally you will be a tertiary qualified engineer in civil / structural disciplines. You will have a good understanding of the principles of project management and experience in there application in managing road and or bridge construction.
It is imperative to have strong knowledge of quality management in project and/or contract control, with an ability to use; WH&S, environmental management and related computer based management tools for projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a major road program at an early stage of construction. Initially the engagement will be a 6-12 month engagement with the possibility to extend in the future.
It is a prerequisite that applicants possess a current motor vehicle driver licence.
Please apply with a Word.doc below.
Any queries call Andrew Pinkerton on 02 9233 9929 or email@example.com
senior project engineer road widening upgrade construction bridge