After a promotion within the team and some additional work coming up City of Port Phillip is looking to engage two Senior Property Project Managers.
The council is proud of having an organisational culture that delivers innovation, exciting projects, career opportunities and a supportive hierarchy. The culture is driven by the values and the way employees behave. Future Focus, Achieving Together, Inspiring Excellence, Respecting Individuals and Ensuring Trust are just a few values of CPP.
The role is responsible for delivery of complex property projects including leasing, redevelopment, acquisition and disposal projects.
The Councils owns or controls over 120 properties valued at over 1.2 billion dollars. This includes a mix of commercial, community, Libraries, Recreation Facilities and corporate properties. Not to mention the “once in the lifetime” projects such as Fisherman’s Bend & St Kilda Marine.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead the development and delivery of complex or strategic property projects for council owned or managed land, including redevelopment, acquisition or disposal and leasing and licencing, to deliver agreed benefits.
- Provide leadership and advice to strategic initiatives as required including long-term and annual planning, the development of business cases and councils financial strategy.
- Provide support and advice to the Manager Asset Management and Property, Executive Leadership Team, Mayor, Councillors and service manager in relation to the delivery of property projects.
- Plan and manage project management activities including governance, scope, dependencies, project controls and risk mitigation.
- Liaise, advocate and negotiate with government agencies, other stakeholders and the community about land use, property, planning and development issues to advance progression of outcomes in Port Phillip.
Furthermore, we are seeking applicants with a specific skillset and working experience, to include:
- At least five years experience in successfully leading delivery of complex property projects in a complex organisation – preferable in a local council or state government context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management including working across the enterprise and with external stakeholders to deliver complex projects.
- Understanding of legislative requirements related to property sales, acquisition, and leasing in particular the Retail Leases Act 2003, Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 and Local Government Act 1989.
The right candidates for these roles will be a driven, energetic and positive person with the attitude to work including in times of change. We are seeking strong team players who are using collaboration and consensuses for decision-making and problem solving, and promoting teamwork as a means of achieving goals.
What will be your benefit?
- Working on an exciting property portfolio with a value of 1.2 billion dollars
- Flexible working hours
- Career progression/opportunities
- Supportive hierarchy
- Give creative input & solutions for your own community
If you are interested in applying for this position, meet the stipulated criteria, then we encourage you to apply with your resume below. If you have any further questions OR would like to get more details, please do not hesitate to contact Ramona Weckerle on 9252 2188. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of application.