Our client is one of the largest providers of social housing in Australia, providing a range of housing solutions to meet the needs of today’s community and providing safe, decent and affordable housing opportunities. Their highest priority is to target assistance to those most in need and to work with other agencies to support individuals and communities.
As a Client Service Officer you will work directly with clients and help to deliver applicant, tenancy, asset and property management services and advice. The tenants and applicants are the most vulnerable in the community and include the elderly, people with a disability and people with complex needs such as mental illness, homeless people, the young and people from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Their biggest goal is to build stronger and more sustainable communities over the long term. As the CSO you will have an interest in people’s living conditions and a willingness to visit people’s homes as you will be managing tenancies and properties in-line with legislation, policies and maintenance standards.
To be successful you must have the below;
- Proven experience working with people in minority groups
- Compassion and an understanding of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication both verbal and written
- Proven customer relations and service experience
- Proven experience dealing with people with complex needs
- Flexible in adapting to changing work conditions
- Competent in using computer software packages with an ability to learn quickly
- Ability to interpret and apply policy guidelines
- Plan, organise and manage own workload with limited supervision
- Maintain a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Possess a current driver's licence
- Ability to work under high pressure
If you have the above skills and feel you would enjoy this rewarding and challenging role please submit your resume in Word format.
Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.