Town Planner (Statutory)
As a Statutory Planner in a Victorian council you will be a key-player in providing planning advice according to relevant legislation. Your knowledge of the Planning and Environment act will contribute to the council’s planning division. There will be various temporary positions available to broaden your experience and work across different government local councils within Victoria.
Your tasks will be:
- Undertaking planning scheme amendments
- Managing planning permits
- Providing consistent and accurate advice to customers and staff on matters relating to the interpretation of the planning scheme and relevant legislation
- Review and participate in structure plans
- Contributing to the ongoing operation of a successful planning approval service for Victorian Local Government
To be successful, you require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning or related
- Knowledge of the Planning and Environment Act, the Victorian Planning Provisions and planning processes.
- Experience as statutory planner in government industry (desired).
You will be offered:
- Competitive hourly rate
- The opportunity to gain experience within local government
- Active support to ensure you are comfortable in the position
- The opportunity to work in a variety of councils through Randstad
Please note that the successful candidate must complete a Police Check.
Does this sound like you? Please press APPLY NOW or for further information contact Tess Morren on (02)82983833