structural design engineer in South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
AU$ 120,000 per year
Opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to work for a well established engineering consultancy in Notting Hill in the south east of Melbourne. Our client is a small family owned business that continues to grow and has the monopoly within its market.
About the role
Work on up to 10 active projects within your team at one time. You will be working on a variety of design projects with a typical turnaround of 3-5 days. These projects include designing and engineer various tailor made mounting solutions for clients within various industries. You will lead and mentor a team of 4-7 people at all levels of experience. The key part of this role is having a mix of good communication skills and utilizing your technical skills as a Senior Structural Design Engineer. Write up quotes and tenders. Ensure projects are running on schedule and on budget. Assist top tier repeat businesses achieve their goals. Our client has strong relationships based on trust with some of the biggest players in the telecommunications, utilities and renewable energies sector.
- Located in Notting Hill close to the M1
- Great opportunity to work in a niche market
- Diverse range of projects
- Work on a range of mounting from the ground to the top of mountains and building for solar panels
- Be apart of mentoring the next generation of engineers
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakholders
- Opportunity for a chartered engineer or working your way to becoming one
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years local experience in a similar Structural Design Engineer role. You will be qualified with the engineering industry and have a proven history working as a Structural Design Engineer. This role is most suitable for someone who is working within a large tier consultancy and is looking to come out to a smaller family owned consultancy and put down some roots in the south east suburbs. Alternately this is a great pathway for an engineer who is looking to gain some great experience, further develop your skills within the consultancy space and become a charted engineer.
- Degree Qualification in Engineering
- Must have experience in the design of structures
- Experience working within Australian firms – locally desired
- Ability to use CAD and other structural software is desired though not essential.
- Experience managing and providing technical support in the design of structural projects.
- Experience in putting together tenders and quotes
- Ability to lead a team and mentor lower level engineers
About the company:
This is an established company that has evolved since the 1970’s with a plan for growth it is a consultancy is a family owned business which the next generation has taken on and established into a monopoly market. This consultancy builds relationships on trust to achieve the goals of its clients. Integrity and communications is highly valued
Structural Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer, Chartered Engineer, Structural Design Engineer