Randstad are proud to partner with NSW Local Government, who are currently seeking a temporary Project officer who will be responsible for contributing to the implementation, delivery and regular review of Waste Management and Resource Recovery along with various administrative tasks and reoprting.
You will be working in a fast paced, supportive and team orientated environment. This is an exciting opportunity to obtain long term contract as a waste project officer in the public sector where your opportunities are endless.
1) Contributing and adding value to the development of strategies related to Waste Management and Resource Recovery.
2) Contributing to the preparation and provision of direction/guidelines by assisting in the implementation and ongoing review of policies and strategies related to Waste Management and Resource Recovery.
3) Assisting and supporting the Waste Management Coordinator to develop policies and strategies for sustainable management of resource recovery.
4) Assisting in the development and implementation of documentation for new processes and procedures for changes.
5) Actively communicating with the community and steakholders throughout changes to policies and strategies.
- Tertiary qualifications in waste management, environmental science or a related fields
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated experience in Waste, Resource Recovery, Environmental Science, Sustainability or related field
- Experience with complex waste and environmental issues and contributing to the development of practical solutions
- Experience in communicating, consulting and liaising effectively with a range of stakeholders including the community, team members and staff from other areas and external stakeholders
- Experience in report writing
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and work with multi-disciplinary teams
This is a hands on, busy varied and rewarding position where every day is different. Be part of an excellent team culture. Getting your foot in the door and exposure to Local Governement.
Please note: Due to a large number of applicants only short listed candidates will be contacted.