production scientist main production (10pm-7am) in Heverlee
We are currently looking for a Production Scientist to join the Main Production team during the late shift (10pm-7am). Below you will find more information on what exactly the job content is as well as what candidate profile we are looking for.
- Perform the synthesis, cleavage from the solid support, deprotection, desalting, purification, quantification, QC sampling and final processing of oligonucleotides.
- Operate DNA/RNA synthesizers, HPLC's and other instruments in the lab that are needed to complete the tasks listed above.
- Assist in the processing and documentation of all orders and projects.
- Perform calibration on designated equipment as scheduled or requested.
- Keep all the reagent bottles, pressurized gas cylinders and manifold liquid systems at levels to achieve successful operation.
- Change waste containers and dispose of waste material.
- Perform all necessary decontamination procedures.
- Appropriately document all aspects of production.
- Fill out all required checklists and perform verification for others when necessary.
- Follow all work instructions and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Assist the shipping and customer service departments with specific oligo related questions.
- Take finished product to the shipping department.
- Report any problems to Shift Leader, Group Leader or Management.
- Receive additional training throughout the company.
- Perform other duties as specified by management.
- Be aware of the quality and environmental policy and contribute to achieving quality and environmental goals by following all related procedures and work instructions.
- Must have at least a Secondary Degree in Chemistry or a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry.
- Must have excellent computer skills which includes knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to be on feet a few hours at a time.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to changes in the process.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with customers, employees, and all levels of management.
- Must be able to work in a group or independently.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Other languages are a bonus.
- Must be able to work over 40 hours per week, if required.
- Must be able to lift 12 kg.
- Ergonomic/physical requirements:
Continuous standing and/or walking for 6-8 hours during the shift.
Intermittently grasping during shift, less than 4 hours cumulative.
Intermittently repetitive motion during shift, less than 4 hours cumulative.
Sporadic computer exposure off and on throughout the day, normally up to 6-8 hours.
Interimjob met kans op vaste aanwerving.