Do you want to inspire the next J.K. Rowling or Oscar Wilde? Do you want to nurture a love of literature in the children you teach? Can you give students a broader understanding of how language and media represent our world? Then this position as our new English & Media Teacher is the role for you!
We are looking for an innovative Teacher of English & Media with a passion for sharing their love of their subjects with their pupils. The role is a temporary opportunity, five days per week term-time only, at a popular school in Sefton Local Authority, starting in September 2020 for the new academic year. The role is ongoing due to covering a sickness absence but will be for at least one term, potentially extending.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a school with a very friendly, supportive department, modern facilities and on-site parking
- a committed and respected leadership team
- a dedicated, professional and friendly consultant to support you and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding, prevent duty, and 'Team Teach'
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- access to Randstad's benefits package which includes discounted cinema and holiday vouchers, high street savings and more
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Your responsibilities as English & Media Teacher will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject areas of English Literature and Language, and Media Studies, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and trips
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
As the successful Teacher of English & Media you will have:
- A strong knowledge of the English and Media curriculums, from KS3 to KS4; KS5 knowledge would be advantageous
- A recognised teaching qualification (such as BA QTS, PGCE etc) NB NQTs, QTLS holders and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- The motivation to achieve and add value to the school
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks including enhanced DBS and full referencing process.
We are open to receiving applications immediately so if you are interested please do not delay. Following a registration interview with your consultant over the telephone, you will be guided through our online document submission system, and soon after could be given the job to start in the new school year. Please email your CV to Catherine Stockford, your specialist Sefton and West Lancs Secondary Consultant, on firstname.lastname@example.org or give the office a call on 0151 255 1666. Don't wait any longer, apply now!