90 days. 12 weeks. 3 months.
The significance of 90 days can be separated into three phases. First is observation and listening. Second is clarification. Third is action and implementation. In the Netherlands we’re just coming out of the lockdown period after about 90 days. In other countries the quarantine is just starting, while others have been getting accustomed to the new normal for a while.
Now that most are in the phase of restarting, it’s a good time to consider what we’ve learned and move forward. And we have learned a lot, especially when it comes to WFH - working from home.
To start, it’s important to realize that WFH during a pandemic is much different than just working remotely. More than that, it’s essential to self-care. There will always be challenges, which is why I’d like to share Randstad’s Guiding Principles:
- Your mental and physical health is what’s most important.
- You’re not ‘working from home’ but you’re doing what you’ve always done best - from home.
- You should keep a healthy work-life balance, and take time to rest and disconnect.
- You’re not alone - if you aren’t sure about something, reach out to your manager or a co-worker.
- Focus on the things you can control and let go of what you can’t.