Although interview processes vary, how you prepare for the interview questions is key to your success. Sometimes preparing for interview questions can seem daunting, but if you give yourself enough time, do research and rehearse your responses, you’re likely to alleviate stress and feel much more confident on the day. If you have been invited to a job interview and you’re feeling a little nervous about what to expect, watch our 5-minute video on interview preparation and learn how you can smash the interview.
key points to remember:
- Always begin your interview preparation by reading the job description thoroughly and matching your skills and experience to the criteria.
- Spend time thinking about how you might respond to common interview questions. Remember that these tend to fall into 3 categories: behavioral, hypothetical and stress.
- Rehearse your interview answers out loud beforehand and try to bear in mind your non-verbal cues and body language.
- Conducting research on the company and your interviewers is essential. The company website and social media channels will be your most useful resources for this.
- Always prepare some questions to ask the employer at the end of the interview. This is a great opportunity to show off your knowledge and enthusiasm for the role.
A version of this article first appeared on Randstad UK’s career hub.